Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hannah Montana Guitar Cake

A week ago my daughter turned 6. Since she is a big fan of Hannah Montana she just HAD to have a Hannah Montana birthday party….and of course a corresponding cake. At first I was a bit confused … I cannot just use appropriate pan and make a character cake… and I really don’t like cakes with photo toppers….hmm…

And then in the party store when we found the Hannah Montana guitar – shaped cake topper / candle… I got the idea – I am going to make the cake look exactly like guitar topper!
I made the cake using the Wilton guitar-shaped pan (it is a Kasato cake, no cooking /no baking, easy to make, easy to shape).

I iced the cake with my own version of chocolate buttercream icing, and day after covered it with the pink and purple colored rolled fondant (had to cut cake a bit before covering it with fondant, to look more like a electric guitar, not like the classic one). Then I made a fondant flowers, and using colored piping gel (purple) I made other decorations /patterns on the cake.

The strings were the trickiest … At first I just wanted to pipe them with icing and N.1 Wilton tip…but I really didn’t like the way it looked. Any other ideas didn’t seem to be good…until I saw my daughter`s roll tape chewing gum – and the problem was solved.

And of course my daughter gave the cake a finishing touch by sticking the Hannah Montana stickers all around the cake…

3 comments:

Devid said...

Hannah Montana is my Favorite show.cyrus is my favorite character in this show.He is Playing very good Role in this Show.I was Looking to download the hannah montana free.I got a wonderful Source to watch the show.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to use your idea for my daughters hannah montanna inspired rock star birthday. Do you have any tips on using the fondant rolling it and shaping it around the cake? i've never used fondant before any tips would be very helpful! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tips and trick I will be using your ideas for my daughters Rockstart birthday this year, It's all hannah Montanna inspired! any tips on the fondant rolling it and shaping it around the cake? Get back to me it's echo4_6@hotmail.com my name is Crystal